These apple and cinnamon blondies are one of my favourite healthy treats. They are packed with natural sugars to give you a nice clean energy boost, but be careful not to eat too many! They also contain chickpeas which are packed with protein, making them the perfect post workout snack.
Follow the instructions below and try them for yourself.
– 2 red apples: cored, peeled and finely diced
– ¾ tsp cinnamon
– 1tsp vanilla essence
– 1 tsp stevia
– 1 tbs corn flour/starch
– ½ cup water
– 2 cups Oats.
– 1 can chickpeas – 1½ cups drained and rinsed.
– ½ cup (140g) low fat vanilla or natural greek yoghurt.
– 2 tbs coconut oil, (melted).
– 1 tsp baking powder.
– ¼ tsp cinnamon.
– 2 tsp vanilla essence.
– 4 tbsp honey.
– Pinch of Himalayan salt.
– ½ cup almond or soya milk.
– ¼ apple finely sliced to decorate.
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon for dusting.
– Preheat the to oven 200C | 390F.
– Line an 8×8 inch baking tray with baking paper and put to one side.
– Note: if you use bigger tray, please double all ingredients.
– Place all apple jam ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
– Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer until the apples have softened and the ‘syrup’ has thickened.
– Place all of the blondie ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
– Once the Apple jam is ready, fold it into the batter and mix well.
– Pour the batter into a tray and top with apple slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
– Bake for around 30 minutes (depending on your oven).
– To check if they are ready insert a toothpick into the centre and see if it comes out clean.
– They will be VERY moist and fudge-y when taken out of the oven, but they will get firmer and set as they cool down.
– Note: Don’t overcook them, as they can become dry.
Let us know if you liked them, and follow me on Instagram for more healthy cooking inspiration.