When you’re trying to lose body fat, every little helps.
Squeeze some more calories out of your workouts by following these 5 simple tips from TruBe trainer Victoria Zimmer
- Use compound movements that engage upper and lower body. The more muscles you can involve the more calories (fat) you burn during and after the workout.
- Shorten the rest periods between each set, keeping your heart rate between 65-85% of your max. Interval, HIIT (high intensity interval training) and circuit training involving a combination of upper/lower body and core exercises are the best options.
- Resistance training is crucial for fat burn! Make sure to include 3-4 sessions per week if you are serious about changing your body. Whether it is body weight, dumbbells or machines options, it’ll help you to build a strong skeletal and muscular system that will be burning fat 24/7.
- Have a healthy snack/meal prior to your workout to burn body fat during the session. A combination of protein and complex carbohydrates is the best option. Having energy for training means higher performance which leads to increased calorie (fat) burn.
- Drink water! When you exercise, you perspire which is a normal function of the human body. However, if the water is coming out and not being replaced by what we drink, we end up with a deficit. If your internal hydration level drops by as little as 2%, your muscle activation decreases and if you use less muscles, you burn less calories.
For more tips and amazing workouts download the TruBe App and book a session with one of our expert trainers today!